There are no make-up lessons for missed lessons, except for the following reasons:
1. Inclement weather*
2. Scheduled lesson falls on a Federal holiday
3. Instructor cancels lesson but agrees to reschedule at a time mutually agreeable to the student.
*Official closings during inclement weather will be posted on the Bryant’s Music website. We will also notify you by email and/or text message. Lessons canceled by Bryant’s Music, due to inclement weather, will be rescheduled.
MISSED LESSON ALTERNATIVES FOR STUDENTS
Students that are unable to attend a lesson due to illness, vacation or other activities may take advantage of these alternatives:
1. Swap List – The music swap list can be accessed by registered parents and students of Bryant’s Music only by logging into your music studio account using your user name and password. From your account page, click on your name then click on files. Click on download to access the music lesson swap list. This information is password protected and is only shared with registered parents and students of Bryant’s Music. Please notify the Studio if you swap or exchange your lesson with another student/parent. If you do not want your name and phone number/email on the swap list, please notify us.
2. Master Classes – We offer two – four free Master Classes each year. The Master Classes also provide an opportunity to make-up for any missed lessons. Master Classes include instrumentalists, vocalists and ensembles. Activities include technique, expression and a chance to perform for peers in a relaxed setting. Email us for the Master Class dates and times.
3. Skype Lessons Coming Soon! – Students/parents can request a Skype lesson at the regular scheduled lesson time, if you are unable to attend your lesson in person. If you have not already done so, please create a free Skype account. This will allow us to call you and have a lesson with you by Skype, if requested. Students taking a Skype lesson must be at least 10 and older.
LESSON SCHEDULE CHANGE
After students/parents have registered for music lessons, a regular weekly lesson schedule is reserved on the teaching schedule. If scheduling conflicts arise repeatedly and music swaps cannot be made, it is highly recommended that you consider requesting a new regular weekly schedule as slots become available. Submit a written request to the Studio Director and a list of available music slots will be provided for your consideration.
The studio provides music instruction year-round with breaks throughout the year. Please check the music studio calendar on a regular basis. The music studio calendar can be accessed by registered students/parents by logging into your music studio account.
WITHDRAWAL FROM LESSONS
Keep in mind that fluctuations in interest are perfectly normal and should not signal an end to your musical training. Please consult your teacher before making any decisions about lesson termination.
If you decide to withdraw from lessons, a 30-day notice from the 1st of the month, in writing, is required to the Studio Director. If a one full month notice is not provided, tuition for the entire month is still due and must be paid, whether you attend or not.
OBSERVATION OF LESSONS
Bryant’s Music has an open door policy for observing lessons. Parents are encouraged and welcome to observe his/her child’s lesson at anytime. However, in order to have the student’s undivided attention, siblings and friends must remain in the lounge area under the supervision of an adult.
PHOTOS AND RECORDINGS
Bryant’s Music reserves the right to photograph and record (audio/video) students in recitals, instruction and rehearsals. Photographs and recordings of students are for promotional purposes and may be used on our website and other media communications. By participating in Bryant’s Music programs, you consent to the taking and publication of your photographs and recordings (audio/video) for Bryant’s Music promotional use without compensation.
The instructors will be unable to discuss student progress with parents before or after the lesson since other students have lessons at those times. Parents, sit in on your child’s lesson, call the Studio, or schedule an appointment with the instructor, if you have concerns or questions. The best time to call the Studio is Monday-Friday, in the morning, at 301-203-8207. E-mail messages (firstname.lastname@example.org) are encouraged.
Students are expected to be on time for lessons, as well as be picked up on time, according to the agreed upon scheduled lesson time.
To ensure your child’s safety, please be sure to pick him/her up promptly after lesson time. Bryant’s Music instructors do not supervise children waiting before and/or after lessons. Children are under supervision during their instruction time. Bryant’s Music instructors are not responsible for supervising children outside of the teaching time.
Ample parking is available on the street directly in front of the Studio. Please do not park, drop-off, or pick-up students in the driveway.
As a courtesy to your instructor, please notify the Studio at least 24 hours in advance of absence from a scheduled lesson.
SMOKING AND PETS
Smoking is prohibited inside and outside of the Studio. Also, pets are not allowed inside of the Studio.
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
Food and beverages are not allowed inside of the Studio.